Nevada Behavioral Solutions’ Basic Skills Training (BST) services are rehabilitative mental health interventions designed to reduce cognitive and behavioral impairments and restore recipients to their highest level of functioning with the guidance of a basic skills counselor.
Basic Skills Training services are provided to recipients with age and developmentally inappropriate cognitive and behavioral skills. BST services help recipients acquire constructive cognitive and behavioral skills through positive reinforcement, modeling, operant conditioning and other training techniques.
Basic Skills Training services teach recipients a variety of life skills with the assistance of a basic skills trainer. BST teaches a variety of life skills in the office, in your home, and in the community in order to attain treatment goals. BST services may include the following interventions:
- Basic living and self-care skills: Recipients learn how to manage their daily lives, recipients learn safe and appropriate behaviors;
- Social skills: Recipients learn how to identify and comprehend the physical, emotional and interpersonal needs of others—recipients learn how to interact with others;
- Communication skills: Recipients learn how to communicate their physical, emotional and interpersonal needs to others—recipients learn how to listen and identify the needs of others;
- Parental training: Parental training teaches the recipient’s parent(s) and/or legal guardian(s) BST techniques. The objective is to help parents continue the recipient’s RMH care in home and community based settings. Parental training must target the restoration of recipient’s cognitive and behavioral mental health impairment needs. Parental training must be recipient centered;
- Organization and time management skills: Recipients learn how to manage and prioritize their daily activities; and/or f. Transitional living skills: Recipients learn necessary skills to begin partial- independent and/or fully independent lives.
- Transitional Living Skills
For more information, please call us at 702-900-0629 or complete the form below. Your inquiry is held in strict confidence and a Nevada Behavioral Solutions team member will be in touch with you as soon as possible. Nevada Behavioral Solutions has four convenient locations offering Basic Skills Training in our Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Elko and Pahrump offices.